Is Photojournalism Art?




Photo by: Bettman

Image Source: https://stacker.com/stories/4000/50-photos-american-life-19th-century

Year Created: 1890

Is the image black & white or color?: It looks like they didn't have a choice to put color or black and white. It is good that it is in black and white you can see all the details that you wouldn't really see in color.

What feelings does the image create?: This image made me feel happy. I love the beach I love seeing little kids running, laughing, and just having fun. What really grabbed my attention was the people on the right walking in the water. I think I looked at this photo more than 8 times and just enjoying the background, the umbrellas, and the water.

Texture: I see two different textures shiny and wet. That is the water and it bring the feeling of reality at least to me. There could also be some rough on the sand with the seaweed. 

Why did I choose the image?: I chose this image because it caught my eye. It has a vintage look and it reminds me of the beach which makes me happy. 





 

Photo by: Dorothea Lange 

Image Source: https://mymodernmet.com/photojournalism-history/

Year Created: 1936

Subject’s Expression: The subject looks relaxed. They look like someone who was taken a photo of without knowing at that moment. The body language does match the facial expression.  This is a candid shot.

Is the image black & white or color: The photographer had a choice to use black and white over color.  They used black and white to bring out more of the emotion. 

What feelings does the image create?: This makes me sad because so many people are like this and nobody helps. I think that this could impact a lot because they are showing these people and true emotions on their faces.

Why did I choose the image?: I choose this image because it shows something that we see today. People with children homeless, trying to survive.

.


Photo by: Suvra Kanti Das

Image Source: https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-powerful-moments-photojournalism-2018

Year Created: 2018

Quality of Light: The light in this photo seems to be coming in front of them. You can see the persons face and emotion because of the light. 

Is The Image Black & White or Color: This image was taken in black and white as a choice. There can be a lot of impact depending on color. 

What feelings does the image create?: This image seems to make me sad. It shows a man held back in with a hand on his face. He looks scared. 

Why did I choose the image?: I choose this image because it seems to have a lot going on. It shows a man with a hand on his mouth and looks like he wants to scream. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midterm Project

Working in the Digital Age